Monthly Archives: June 2011

Open Letter to the Editor of ARTnews

June 15, 2011 Ms. Robin Cembalest , Exec. Editor – Art News – 48 W. 38th St. – New York, NY 10018 Dear Ms. Cembalest: Thank you for the courtesy of returning my telephone call today! My letter is in … Continue reading

Posted in COMMENTS | Leave a comment

A Question of Values

PRESS STATEMENT - A Question of Values There have been several articles published in Moscow, London and New York since late April 2011 that record a number of accusations against two Western art historians and their publications on Natalia Goncharova. Anthony … Continue reading

Posted in NEWS, PRESS STATEMENTS | Leave a comment

Did You Know?

That – As an average mean, 82.7% of the entries reading “Private Collection” in D. Bazetoux, Goncharova Catalogue Raisonné, record traceable provenances – the artist’s studio, previous collections, exhibitions, auction house sales, etc. Daniel Wildenstein personally provided Denise Bazetoux with … Continue reading

Posted in NEWS, PRESS STATEMENTS | Leave a comment

Two new publications come under critical assault.

Art News June 2011 (PDF download)

Posted in NEWS | Leave a comment

Genesis of a Catalogue Raisonné

Denise Bazetoux I first came across one of Natalia Goncharova’s paintings thirty-five years ago. What struck me was the quality of her painting, and, even more, the power that came out of it.  It was both surprising and uncommon for … Continue reading

Posted in ARTICLES | Leave a comment